From 28 until 29 November, 2022, the German Israeli Health Forum for Artificial Intelligence (GIHF-AI), an initiative by ELNET, hosted its first annual conference. At the invitation of the Israeli Ministry of Health, the conference was held in Tel Aviv as part of the HealthIL Week. The event kicked off with a conference reception at the Carlton Hotel Tel Aviv with Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz on the evening of November 28, followed by a one-day conference with keynotes, workshops and a panel discussion at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov) on November 29. Finally, the conference participants visited the main event of HealthIL Week at EXPO Tel Aviv on November 30 and – after the theoretical exchange of the previous day – got a practical insight into the Israeli digital health ecosystem.
- Two-day conference (Nov. 28-29, 2022) with live stream
- Approximately 200 participants (online/offline)
- Three breakout sessions followed by panel discussion
- Attended HealthIL Main Event with 1,750 participants, 25 delegations and country representatives, 310 startups, and 13 spotlight sessions
- Featuring Nitzan Horowitz (Minister of Health Israel), Dr. Asher Salmon (Director International Relations Department, Israel Ministry of Health), Esti Shelly (Director Digital Health, Israel Ministry of Health), Dr. Susanne Ozegowski (Director General for Digitalization and Innovation, Federal Ministry of Health Germany), and Thomas Renner (Head of Subdepartment Digitalization and Innovation, Federal Ministry of Health Germany)
- Keynote on the EHDS and the EU AI ACT by Dr. Yiannos Tolias (Legal Advisor AI and AI Liability in Healthcare & EHDS Team, EU Commission DG SANTE)
- Presentations by Prof. Dr. Sylvia Thun (Director Core Unit eHealth and Interoperability (CEI), Charité Berlin), Prof. Dr. Ronni Gamzu (CEO, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center), Prof. Dr. Ran Balicer (CIO, Clalit Health Services)